Network Performance Enhancement Using OVS-DPDK
Network management done right yields better business performance and for that, ensuring a consistent network performance is vital. Using Open vSwitch and Data Plane Development Kit (OVS-DPDK) and network performance is improved by increasing IPC, cache references, decreasing cache misses, TLB misses, and context switches.
This research article explains in detail the following:
- OVS Overview & OVS Flows
- OVS Component Architecture
- Open vSwitch Features
- Importance of OVS
- DPDK Overview
- Core Components of DPDK
- Integrating OVS with DPDK
- OVS-DPDK Switching Table Hierarchy
- Performance Tuning Options with OVS-DPDK
- Configuration of OVS-DPDK for enhancing network performance
To download this hawk eye article, click the button below.