The COVID-19 pandemic has put nearly the entire globe in a state of isolation. Governments are announcing lockdowns in the affected areas, forcing companies to work remotely. This has abruptly increased the number of connected devices to the enterprise network, increasing the workloads and creating a necessity to scale the security models in the system. Since the number of end devices has increased, the importance of endpoint security has become even more critical. This research article is a comprehensive guide to help the readers understand all the elements of endpoint security and select the right solution that meets their security requirements. It covers:
- Definition and importance of endpoint security
- How endpoint security is different from endpoint protection
- Which elements are secured using endpoint security?
- The process of implementing endpoint security
- Steps for choosing a relevant endpoint solution as per business needs