The data explosion over the years has resulted in a rising need among businesses to optimize their data storage and management facilities. Data that is generated by the reams on a minute-by-minute basis contains a lot of redundancies, which need to be sifted out.
Data de-duplication is an effective way to get rid of such redundant data. A de-duplication system identifies and eliminates duplicate blocks of data and hence significantly reduces physical storage requirements.
Block-level data de-duplication operates on the sub-file level. As its name implies, the file is typically broken down into segments i.e. chunks or blocks, that are examined for redundancy vs. previously stored information.
This type of deduplication does the following:
- Saves the changed blocks between one version of the file and the next
- Indexes are larger; hence, it takes more computational time when duplicates are being determined
- Backup performance is significantly affected by the deduplication process
- Requires more processing power due to larger index and higher number of comparisons
- Requires “reassembly” of the chunks based on the master index
Our expertise in new-age technologies and innovative approaches enable us to deliver extensive deduplication solutions to our customers. See some of our best work here.
Integration of Software-Defined Storage for Data Protection SoftwareCalsoft was engaged to integrate client’s Software Defined Storage (SDS) with their Data Protection Software.
Testing and Validation of WAN Optimization ToolCalsoft was engaged with the client for testing and Validating WAN optimization tool.
End User Computing – File Creator ToolCalsoft was engaged with the client for validating de-duplication engine.
Implementation of Block Translational Layer (BTL)Calsoft was engaged with the client in implementing BTL for enhanced SSD performance.
Sorry, no posts were found.
+91 (20) 6654 4444 (India)