Home > Domain Expertise > Virtualization Services > vSphere5
How vSphere 5 requires you to revamp your storage products
With vSphere 5.0 launch - new and enhanced features will deliver better performance, availability for business-critical applications and introduce advanced automation capabilities. This will free IT from manual processes and be more responsive to business needs.
Calsoft brings niche expertise to assist you across VMware vSphere ecosystem. Learn how vSphere 5 requires you to revamp your storage products, if you are an ISV with Storage Systems (arrays) you will need to support:
- Re-certification of storage arrays on vSphere 5.0
- New VAAI APIs (unmap)
- Thin provisioned LUN that would enable the detection and recapture of blocks of storage
- Implementation of vSphere APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA)
- Updated SRAs (Storage Replication Adaptor) for SRM (Site Recovery Manager) 5.0 facilitating automated failover and failback
And if you are a Storage Software ISV
- Make sure the software products works in vSphere 5.0 environment
- Migrate older scipts to latest vCLI in vSphere 5.0
- Make use of VMware vSphere storage appliance which will enable customers not having sophisticated storage arrays to make use of VMware features for storage requirements in virtual environment
- Qualify management software / vCenter plugins
today to solve your vSphere related challenges.