Home > Domain Expertise > Virtualization Services > VAAI Test Framework
VAAI Test Framework
VAAI - Increased Server Performance, Scalability and Consolidation density
VAAI is developed to address challenges customers are experiencing when expanding number of virtual machines (VMs): particularly sizing storage, rapid VM provisioning, and maintaining application performance. VAAI can offload specific storage operations to compliant storage hardware, which results in less CPU, memory and storage fabric bandwidth consumption.
Calsoft has developed a VAAI test framework specially for storage vendors looking to validate their VAAI implementation in a timely and cost effective fashion.
Calsoft’s VAAI Test Framework
New APIs Added
According to new vSphere 5 standards there are 7 APIs in vStorage Array Integration (4 for Block Storage and 3 for File Storage)
|Hardware accelerated Zeroing
||NFS – Full Copy
|Hardware accelerated Copy
||NFS – Extended Stats
|Hardware accelerated Locking
||NFS – Space Reservation
|Thin Provision Stun
VAAI Test Framework:
Testing a Target:
- Test any "VAAI Target Implementation"
- Check for compliance with VAAI specifications
- Build automated regression test suite using scripting feature
- Calsoft’s iSCSI test suite allows testing a particular target device (or emulator) for conformance to VAAI command
- Calsoft's VAAI test framework allows testing a particular target device on FC path
Testing an Initiator:
- Storage Emulator is Calsoft’s proprietary product which emulates a SAN target. It is capable of exporting VAAI enabled SCSI target/LUNs
- Storage Emulator will enable users to verify correctness of initiator as it maintains a history of all the SCSI CDBS that it receives
- Error Injection on VAAI CDBS will enable testing error path of the initiator
- Storage Emulator provide tools to look into the file back LUNs and verify correctness of the results of VAAI commands
|Implementation of VAAI (SAN)
|Implementation of VAAI (NAS)
|Contact Calsoft today to solve your VAAI testing challenges.