Home > Domain Expertise > Storage Services > All Flash arrays
Flash Storage Arrays
SSDs can move bottlenecks
Flash-only arrays will be the industry norm for most active data that needs fast consistent performance using current IO and network stacks that can be shared across the data center. An early Wikibon
estimate states - it will account for the top 12% of data and 35% of storage spend by 2015. Key qualities will be the ability to provide QoS control capabilities and high levels of efficiency (data de-duplication, compression, thin provisioning, coherent snapshots, etc.Download Success Story
Calsoft's SSD Expertise
Calsoft brings niche expertise to assist Flash/SSD array providers for:
- Optimizing Flash "write" performance with firmware development
- Solve data integrity, de-duplication and data compression challenges
- Enabling VAAI support (vSphere 5.0)
- Developing vCenter plug-ins
- Test interoperability for different OS such as linux, windows, etc.
Calsoft's SSD performance test suite
SSD based arrays do not perform effectively during steady state whereas initially they can have high IOPs. A variety of parameters can influence the performance behaviour of a SSD:
- current and previous workloads
- block size
- read/write mix
- and queue depth, etc.
Calsoft's SSD performance test suite helps you to test SSD based arrays compliant with SNIA's performance test specs.